Movie quotes and references never get old They are almost always part of the group conversation and always applicable no matter what your purpose is. Do you want to look cool? Drop in some movie quotes. Do you want to impress your crush? Drop in some sick movie quotes or some TV show quotes. We have here some of the most inspiring and motivating movie quotes and TV quotes. Keep reading, keep scrolling. Remember, this is good for copy+paste to do your worse!
Quotes from your Favorite Movies and TV shows
Movies are part of our lives. they make us smile, cry, and realize things. It is our little escape from life. The same is true for TV shows. They become part of our lives, they become part of the conversation. In fact, they are part of society’s culture. That’s how influential movies and TV shows are. Use these quotes to make your friends laugh, to inspire and motivate them.
You can also check out our other list of captions and quotes:
Inspirational TV shows and Movie quotes
Are you feeling down lately? Don’t fret. We have here inspirational movie quotes and TV show quotes for you. Share them with your friends or make it a caption for your next Instagram post. Light up someone’s day spirit today by sending one of the inspiring movie quotes below.
- Some people can’t believe in themselves until someone else believes in them first. – Sean Maguire
- Nobody is gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain’t how hard you can hit. It’s how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. It’s how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done. – Rocky Balboa
- Do, or do not. There is no “try”. – Yoda
- It’s only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything. – Tyler Durden
- Sometimes the right path is not the easiest one. – Pocahontas
- Love cannot be found where it doesn’t exist, nor can it be hidden where it truly does. – David Schwimmer
- It is not our abilities that show what we truly are… it is our choices. – Dumbledore
- Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. – Ferris Bueller
- Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it. – Rafiki
- If you focus on what you left behind, you will never be able to see what lies ahead. – Ratatouille
- Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. – Ferris
- Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it. – Rafiki
- To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, to draw closer, to find each other and to feel. That is the purpose of life. – Walter Mitty
- If we didn’t do what we loved, we wouldn’t exist. – Adonis
- We are who we choose to be. – Green Goblin
- At some point you’ve got to decide for yourself who you gonna be. Can’t let nobody make that decision for you. – Juan
- Don’t let anyone ever make you feel like you don’t deserve what you want. – Heath Ledger
- The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And that’s what you’ve given me. That’s what I’d hoped to give you forever. – Nicholas Sparks
- The very things that hold you down are going to lift you up. – Dumbo
- The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. – From Moulin Rouge
- You’ve got this. Most of the time, the challenges you face are those you were already built to handle. – Gladiator
- Run, Forrest, run! – from Forrest Gump
- I’m scared of everything. I’m scared of what I saw. I’m scared of what I did, of who I am…. and most of all, I’m scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I’m with you. – Baby in Dirty Dancing
- Don’t ever let somebody tell you you can’t do something, not even me. Alright? You dream, you gotta protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you you can’t do it. If you want something, go get it. Period. – Chris Gardner
- Sometimes I wish I had never met you. Because then I could go to sleep at night not knowing there was someone like you out there. – Good Will Hunting
- It is not our abilities that show what we truly are… it is our choices. – Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary. – Dead Poets Society
- Nobody’s perfect. – Some Like It Hot
- After a while, you learn to ignore the names people call you and just trust who you are. – from Shrek
- You’re nothing to me until you’re everything. – American Hustle
- Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim. – Finding Nemo
- Every man dies, not every man really lives. – Braveheart
- How many times do I have to teach you: just because something works doesn’t mean it can’t be improved. – Black Panther
- Hope is not a strategy. – Mission Impossible: Fallout
- Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss. – from The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
- I believe whatever doesn’t kill you, simply makes you…stranger. – The Dark Knight, The Joker
- When you get a different vantage point it changes your perspective … It allows you to see things you should have seen a long time ago. – First Man
- Great men are not born great, they grow great. – Mario Puzo, from The Godfather
- When you decide to be something, you can be it. – Frank Costello, The Departed
- Everything is possible, even the impossible. – Mary Poppins Returns
- Only if you find peace within yourself will you find true connection with others. – from Before Sunrise
- Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. But if you give him a mask, he will tell you the truth. – The Fifth Estate, Julian Assange
- The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all. – Mulan
- I know what I have to do now, I’ve got to keep breathing because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring? – from Cast Away
- Ideals are peaceful. History is violent. – Don Collier, Fury
- Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light. – Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- To find something, anything, a great truth or a lost pair of glasses, you must first believe there will be some advantage in finding it. – from All the King’s Men
- All those moments will be lost in time… like tears in rain. – Rutger Hauer, Blade Runner
- It’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. – The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
- A boy’s best friend is his mother. – Anthony Perkins, Psycho
- A laugh can be a very powerful thing. Why, sometimes in life, it’s the only weapon we have. – Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
- Get busy living, or get busy dying. – Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption
- Let’s just allow ourselves to be whatever it is we are. – Garden State
- Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear. A little hope is effective. A lot of hope is dangerous. A spark is fine, as long as it’s contained. – President Snow, The Hunger Games
- There’s just no telling how far I’ll go. – Moana
Best TV show quotes about life
Life doesn’t always go our way, that’s just normal. Movies have told us about how tiring life can but on the upside, movies have also taught us how we can learn to love life and live it the way we are supposed to! So when life throws you some lemons, go back to this post right here and remember what the movie is telling you about life.
- Love cannot be found where it doesn’t exist, nor can it be hidden where it truly does. – David Schwimmer, from Kissing a Fool
- I wish there was a way to know you’re in the good old days before you’ve actually left them. – Andy Bernard, The Office
- Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it. – Rafiki, from The Lion King
- And what exactly do you think fairy tales are? They are a reminder that our lives will get better if we just hold on to hope. Your happy ending may not be what you expect, but that is what will make it so special. – Snow White, Once Upon a Time
- Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out? – from What a Girl Wants
- Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. – Ferris, from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
- It’s always been you. I tried to fight it and I’ve tried to deny it. And I can’t do it. I can’t. You’re undeniable. – Seth Cohen, The O.C.
- You can’t live your life for other people. You’ve got to do what’s right for you, even if it hurts some people you love. – from The Notebook
- People don’t write sonnets about being compatible, or novels about shared life goals and stimulating conversation. The great loves are the crazy ones. – Blair Waldorf, Gossip Girl
- We are who we choose to be. – Green Goblin, from Spider-Man
- The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant. – The Doctor, Doctor Who
- Don’t let anyone ever make you feel like you don’t deserve what you want. – Heath Ledger, from 10 Things I Hate About You
- It’s not that simple. You know what makes a good person good? When a good person does something bad, they own up to it. They try to learn something from it and they move on. – Ron Swanson, Parks and Recreation
- I don’t regret the things I’ve done, but those I did not do. – from Empire Records
- Strong is fighting. It’s hard and it’s painful and it’s every day. It’s what we have to do, and we can do it together, but if you’re too much of a coward for that, then burn. – Buffy Summers, Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- My momma always said, “Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get. – from Forrest Gump
- You can spend the rest of your life being afraid of people rejecting you. You have to start by not rejecting yourself. You don’t deserve it. – Rae Earl, My Mad Fat Diary
- To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, to draw closer, to find each other and to feel. That is the purpose of life. – from The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
- He’s trying to force you to like normal things. And you shouldn’t like things because people tell you you’re supposed to. – Jonathan Byers, Stranger Things
- You cannot live your life to please others. The choice must be yours. – White Queen, Alice in Wonderland
- It’s what you do right now that makes a difference. – from Black Hawk Down
- Mourn the losses because they are many. But celebrate the victories, because they are few. – Debbie Novotny, Queer as Folk
- Never forget what you are, the rest of the world will not. Wear it like armour and it can never be used to hurt you. – Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones
- And when you find yourself lost in the darkness and despair, remember it’s only in the black of night you see the stars. – Coach Whitey Durham, One Tree Hill
- If you look for the light you will often find it. But if you look for the dark, it is all you will ever see. – Iroh, The Legend of Korra
- I like knowing that I did love you because it makes me think that I might be capable of something else great someday. – Shoshanna Shapiro, Girls
Clever movie quotes
Oh yes! we have clever movie quotes because sometimes, we just want to impress people. Memorize some of these lines and carry them with you on your next group hang out. You can also share them with your friends – you can be witty and quick with these one-liners!
- When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. — Billy Crystal as Harry in When Harry Met Sally
- Some people can’t believe in themselves until someone else believes in them first.” – Sean Maguire, Good Will Hunting
- I drink your milkshake. – There Will Be Blood (2007)
- Badges? We ain’t got no badges! We don’t need no badges! I don’t have to show you any stinking badges! — Alfonso Bedoya as Gold Hat in The Treasure of the Sierra Madre.
- It’s only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything. – Fight Club, Tyler Durden
- Florals? For spring? Groundbreaking. – The Devil Wears Prada (2006)
- I don’t want to survive. I want to live. — Chiwetel Ejiofor as Solomon Northup in 12 Years a Slave.
- It is not our abilities that show what we truly are it is our choices. – Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- I wish I knew how to quit you. – Brokeback Mountain (2005)
- I have always depended on the kindness of strangers. — Vivian Leigh as Blanch in A Streetcar Named Desire
- Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out? – Movie “What a girl wants”
- A million dollars isn’t cool. You know what’s cool? – The Social Network (2010)
- You is kind. You is smart. You is important. — Viola Davis as Aibileen Clark in The Help
- If we didn’t do what we loved, we wouldn’t exist. – Adonis, Creed II
- I live my life a quarter mile at a time. – The Fast and the Furious (2001)
- I’m also just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her. — Julia Roberts as Anna Scott in Notting Hill
- At some point you’ve got to decide for yourself who you gonna be. Can’t let nobody make that decision for you. – Juan, Moonlight
- Boy, that escalated quickly. – Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)
- You make me want to be a better man. — Jack Nicholson as Melvin Udall in As Good as It Gets
- The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And that’s what you’ve given me. That’s what I’d hoped to give you forever. – Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook
- Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don’t shoot their husbands, they just don’t. – Legally Blonde (2001)
- Every time a bell rings, an angel gets his wings. — Karolyn Grimes as Zuzu in It’s a Wonderful Life.
- Remember those posters that said, “Today is the first day of the rest of your life”? Well, that’s true of every day but one the day you die. – American Beauty
- Look at me. Look at me. I am the captain now. – Captain Phillips (2013)
- I’m just one stomach flu away from my goal weight. — Emily Blunt as Emily Charlton in The Devil Wears Prada.
- The truth is a matter of circumstances, it’s not all things to all people all the time. – Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. – Taken (2008)
- If you figure a way to live without serving a master, any master, then let the rest of us know, will you? For you’d be the first person in the history of the world. – Philip Seymour Hoffman, The Master
- If you let my daughter go now, that’ll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don’t, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you. — Liam Neeson as Bryan Mills in Taken
- Now you’re looking for the secret, but you won’t find it, because of course you’re not really looking. You don’t really want to know. You want to be fooled. – The Prestige
- Well, it’s not the men in your life that counts, it’s the life in your men. — Mae West as Tira in I’m No Angel.
- By all means, move at a glacial pace. You know how that thrills me. — Miranda Priestly, The Devil Wears Prada
- My Mama always said, ‘Life was like a box of chocolates; you never know what you’re gonna get.’ — Tom Hanks as Forrest Gump in Forrest Gump
- Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down. — Mary Poppins
- Go ahead, make my day. — Clint Eastwood as Harry Callahan in Sudden Impact.
- From where I stand, the sun is shining all over the place. — Singin’ in the Rain
- Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. — Matthew Broderick as Ferris Bueller in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
- No amount of money ever bought a second of time. – Tony Stark
- It’s not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me. — Christian Bale as Batman in Batman Begins
- The hardest choices require the strongest wills. – Thanos
- Only one thing counts in this life—get them to sign on the line that is dotted. — Alec Baldwin as Blake in Glengarry Glen Ross
- Some people can never believe in themselves until someone believes in them. — Good Will Hunting
- They may take our lives, but they’ll never take our freedom! —Mel Gibson as William Wallace in Braveheart
- Why do we fall, sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up. – Alfred Pennyworth
- Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer. — Al Pacino as Michael Corleone in The Godfather: Part II
- Those who never change their mind never change anything. – Winston Churchill
Famous movie quotes about life
Exhausted? Worry not. Be reminded of life’s beauty right here! Read more for awesome movie quotes.
- I don’t want to survive. I want to live. – The Captain, Wall-E
- Life is not the amount of breaths you take. It’s the moments that take your breath away. – Alex Hitchens, Hitch
- When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. – When Harry Met Sally, 1989
- It is not our abilities that show what we truly are… It is our choices – Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all. – Prince of Genovia, The Princess Diaries
- Don’t tell me I can’t do it, don’t tell me it can’t be done. – Howard Hughes, The Aviator
- I’m walking here! I’m walking here! – Midnight Cowboy, 1969
- Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it or learn from it – The Lion King
- It’s not about the paycheck, it’s about respect, it’s about looking in the mirror and knowing that you’ve done something valuable with your day. – Dave Kovic, Dave
- Once you accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you. – Tywin Lannister, Game of Thrones
- If we didn’t do what we loved, we wouldn’t exist – Creed ll
- Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but it doesn’t get you anywhere. – Van Wilder, Van Wilder: Party Liaison
- If you want something, go get it. Period. – Chris Gardner, The Pursuit of Happiness
- At some point you’ve got to decide for yourself who you gonna be, can’t let anybody make that decision for you. – Moonlight
- Remember those posters that said, ‘Today is the first day of the rest of your life?’ Well, that’s true of every day but one the day you die. – Lester Burnham, American Beauty
- Live moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it. – Ferris Bueller, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
- When will the lesson be learned! You cannot reason with a tiger when your head is in its mouth! – Darkest Hour
- I know what I have to do now. I’ve got to keep breathing because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring? – Chuck, Castaway
- Your future hasn’t been written yet. No one’s has. Your future is whatever you make it. So make it a good one. – Doc Brown, Back To The Future part 3
- We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that. We want to live by each other’s happiness, not by each other’s misery. – The Great Dictator
- Just because someone stumbles and loses their path, doesn’t mean they’re lost forever.– Charles Xavier, X-Men: Days of Future Past
- What we do in life echos in eternity. – Maximus Gladiator
- When you get a different vantage point it changes your perspective… It allows you to see things you should have seen a long time ago. – Neil Armstrong, First Man
- Why do we fall, Bruce? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up. – Thomas Wayne, Batman Begins
- All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. – Gandalf, The Lord Of The Rings
- There’s no place like home – The Wizard of Oz
- Sometimes it’s the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine. – Christopher Morcom, The Imitation Game
- The night is darkness just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming. – Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
- No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world – Dead Poets Society
- Your dignity’s inside you. Nobody can take something away from you you don’t give them. – Coach Don Haskins, Glory Road
- Our lives are defines by opportunities, even the ones we miss. – Benjamin Button, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
- Great men are not born great. They grow great – The Godfather
- Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies. – Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption
Funny movie quotes about funny
Laugh out loud with these movie quotes. Phoebe from Friends has some hilarious words here and we all know how she can be so funny even when she doesn’t mean it.
Cannot get enough? We wrote a detailed article with all the funniest movie quotes of all time here.
- She’s your lobster. Come on, you guys. It’s a known fact that lobsters fall in love and mate for life. You can actually see old lobster couples, walking around their tank, you know, holding claws.
– Phoebe, Friends
- This is not ‘Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.
– The Big Lebowski (1998)
- Before you marry a person, you should first make them use a computer with slow Internet to see who they really are.
– Will Ferrell
- Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.
– Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975)
- He’s like a brilliant, sexy little hummingbird.
– Leslie (about Ben), Parks and Recreation
- There are only three ages for women in Hollywood: babe, district attorney, and Driving Miss Daisy.
– The First Wives Club (1996)
- Spend a few minutes a day really listening to your spouse. No matter how stupid his problems sound to you.
— Megan Mullally
- Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness.
— Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End (2007)
- I am a very committed wife. And I should be committed, too—for being married so many times.
– Elizabeth Taylor
- There are 106 miles to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it’s dark, and we’re wearing sunglasses.
– The Blues Brothers (1980)
- A girl can wait for the right man to come along but in the meantime that doesn’t mean she can’t have a wonderful time with all the wrong ones.
- You would think that a rock star being married to a supermodel would be one of the greatest things in the world. It is.
– David Bowie
- I am your father’s brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate.
– Spaceballs (1987)
- Obviously, if I was serious about having a relationship with someone long-term, the last people I would introduce him to would be my family.
— Chelsea Handler
- Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats living together! Mass Hysteria!
— Ghostbusters (1984)
- The first draft of my vows, which I wrote the day after we got engaged, clocked in at around 70 pages.
– Leslie, Parks and Recreation
- The plot thickens, as they say. Why, by the way? Is it a soup metaphor?
– The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014)
You’ve come to the last part of this movie quotes post. It’s a long one so I hope you had the best time going through all the quotes. Enjoy and come to the site for more captions!
More Quotes you will love…You can also check out our other list of captions and quotes:
The Instagram Circus