Needing some push and inspiration before you hit the road? We’ve done the search for you. Here’s a cool list of all the best road trip quotes that will fuel your love for the ride. Bring your friends, family, and whomever you like, and speed that sweet ride like a boss.
Road Trip Quotes
There’s nothing more exhilarating than giving in to your true wanderlust spirit and travel the road less traveled. With the wind in your hair and the sun shining brightly, it’s a beautiful experience to just get out there.
Carry these road trip quotes with you. Snap some photos and give them awesome captions. Inspire others and let them see the fun on road trips!
Check out other captions and quotes too:
- Boat and Sailing Quotes
- Beach quotes for you
- Instagram captions for adventure
- Motivating life quotes
- Sea Quotes
- Cool and Funny School-related Quotes and Captions for Instagram
- Fresh Beach Quotes for a Fantastic Summer
- Best Car Quotes
Road Trip Quotes with Love
Road trips with your loved ones are one of the best ways to spend your time. You just explore the roads, the new places, eat at restaurants by the road, and listen to the sound blasting from your car’s speaker.
There’s something special I knowing that you’re enjoying the road trip with the special people in your life.
- We travel for romance, we travel for architecture, and we travel to be lost. – Ray Bradbury
- We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls. – Anais Nin
- People don’t take trips – trips take people. – John Steinbeck
- I take to the open road, Healthy, free, the world before me. – Walt Whitman
- I’ve Fallen In Love With Adventures, So I Begin To Wonder If That’s Why I’ve Fallen For You. – E. Grin
- When traveling with someone, take large doses of patience and tolerance with your morning coffee. – Helen Hayes
- I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. – Douglas Adams
- Happiness Is, Planning A Trip To Somewhere New With, Someone You Love.
- In Life, It’s Not Where You Go, It’s Who You Travel With. – Charles Schulz
- Never underestimate the therapeutic power of driving and listening to very loud music.
- Actually, The Best Gift You Could Have Given Her Was A Lifetime Of Adventures. – Lewis Carroll
- He who does not travel does not know the value of men. – Moorish proverb
- Come With Me, Where Dreams Are Born, And Time Is Never Planned. – Peter Pan
- I travel not to go anywhere but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move. – Robert Louis Stevenson
- Never go on trips with anyone you do not love. – Ernest Hemingway
- Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe. – Anatole France
- Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life. – Jack Kerouac
- Traveling is like flirting with life. It’s like saying, “I would stay and love you, but I have to go; this is my station. – Lisa St. Aubin de Teran
- You don’t choose the day you enter the world and you don’t choose the day you leave. It’s what you do in between that makes all the difference. – Anita Septimus
- Travel brings power and loves back into your life. – Rumi
- It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves – in finding themselves. – Andre Gide
- Travel, in the younger sort, is a part of education; in the elder, a part of the experience. – Francis Bacon
- Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Thanks to the interstate highway system, it is now possible to travel from coast to coast without seeing anything. – Charles Kural
- A journey is like marriage. A certain way to be wrong is to think you control it. – John Steinbeck
- Remember that happiness is a way of travel – not a destination. – Roy M. Goodman
- Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow. ― Anita Desai
- Travel only with thy equals or thy betters; if there are none, travel alone.
- Home is where the heart is, and my heart is wherever I am at the moment. — Lily Leung
- Half the fun of the travel is the aesthetic of lostness. – Ray Bradbury
- You develop a sympathy for all human beings when you travel a lot. – Shakuntala Devi
- I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world. – Mary Anne Radmacher Hershey
- Travel is like love, mostly because it’s a heightened state of awareness, in which we are mindful, receptive, undimmed by familiarity, and ready to be transformed. That is why the best trips, like the best love affairs, never really end. — Pico Iyer
- I get a friend to travel with me… I need somebody to bring me back to who I am. It’s hard to be alone. – Leonardo DiCaprio
- We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment. – Hilaire Belloc
- It Doesn’t Matter Where You’re Going, It’s Who You Have Beside You.
- If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness, and fears. – Cesare Pavese
- Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind. –Seneca
- Sharing Adventures Means Enjoying Them 100% More.
- Road trips are the equivalent of human wings. Ask me to go on one, anywhere. We’ll stop in every small town and learn the history and stories, feel the ground, and capture the spirit. Then we’ll turn it into our own story that will live inside our history to carry with us, always. Because stories are more important than things. – Victoria Erickson
- If you want to go fast go alone. If you want to go far go together. — African Proverb
- What does it take to realize everything is fine around you? A road trip to the mountains where your soul dwells in the echoes of the winds that carry fragments of clouds with them. What does it take to realize the world is going back to chaos and infinite hurry? End of the aforementioned road trip. – Crestless Wave If you’re on a road trip, you need driving music. – Edgar Wright
- As soon as I saw you I knew a grand adventure was about to happen. – Winnie the Pooh
- Part of us believes the new car is better because it lasts longer. But, in fact, that’s the worst thing about the new car. It will stay around to disappoint you, whereas a trip to Europe is over. It evaporates. It has the good sense to go away, and you are left with nothing but a wonderful memory. – Daniel Gilbert
- Traveling tends to magnify all human emotions. — Peter Hoeg
- Road trips required a couple of things: a well-balanced diet of caffeine, salt, and sugar, and an excellent selection of tunes—oh, and directions. – Jenn McKinlay
Road Trip with Friends Quotes
Your friends are your family born of different mothers. You share the same interest as your love for the road. Take them on a trip and bask in the sun. Just see where the road leads and have fun! Oh, look that rhymed!
- Friends that travel together, stay together.
- Travel is better with friends.
- A good friend listens to your adventures. A best friend makes them with you.
- Life by the water is always better, especially with a few good friends in tow.
- There is an unspoken bond you create with the friends you travel with.– Kristen Sarah
- Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends. – Maya Angelou
- When traveling on life’s journey, it’s good to have a friend’s hand to hold on to.
- A good friend listens to your adventures.
- Having a best friend is like having your own little corner of the world to escape to.
- You can pack for every occasion, but a good friend will always be the best thing you could bring!
- A daring adventure with your best friends might be just what the doctor ordered.
- There is a whole world out there.
- Wanderlust isn’t about running away from it all. It’s about experiencing the outside to discover the inside.
- The best things in life are the people we love, the places we’ve been, and the memories we’ve made along the way.
- True friends never apart maybe in distance never in heart. – Helen Keller
- As soon as I saw you, I knew a grand adventure was about to happen.
- Friendship isn’t about being inseparable, it’s being separated and knowing nothing will change.
- As with any journey, who you travel with is more important than the destination.
- A journey well shared is a journey well enjoyed.
- Good times and crazy friends make the best memories.
- No road is long with good company.
- A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. – Lao Tzu
- Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter.
- Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. – Mark Twain
- A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.
- Travel Sparks Our Imagination, Feeds Our Curiosity And Reminds Us How Much We All Have In Common. – Deborah Lloyd
- Don’t tell me the sky’s the limit when there are footprints on the moon. – Paul Brandt
- Sometimes all you need is a great friend and a tank of gas.
- The urgent things are not the most important ones.
- The more I traveled, the more I realized fear makes strangers of people who should be friends.
- Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling. – Margaret Lee Runbeck
- A friend may be waiting behind a stranger’s face.
- Tourists don’t know where they’ve been, travelers don’t know where they’re going. – Paul Theroux
- There’s not a word yet for old friends who’ve just met.
- A ship in a harbor is safe, but it not what ships are built for. – John A. Shedd
- The fastest way to make a friend for life is to travel with a stranger.
- Do not follow where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- One of the great things about travel is that you find out how many goods, kind people there are.
- It’s Not About The Destination, It’s About The Journey.
- If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it’s lethal. – Paulo Coelho
- We are all travelers in the wilderness of the world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
- I have found out that there ain’t the no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.
- Friends, sun, sand, and sea – that sounds like summer to me.
Family Road Trip Quotes
Kids most times asked their parents to go on a road trip and parents relent because who doesn’t want to travel with the family? For many, family road trips are holy traditions. Check out these family road trip quotes to be reminded how awesome the feeling is.
- Never let your memories be greater than your dreams. – Chief Seattle
- The best education you will ever get is traveling. Nothing teaches you more than exploring the world and accumulating experiences. – Mark Paterson
- Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory. – Dr. Seuss
- The freedom of the open road is seductive, serendipitous, and absolutely liberating. – Aaron Lauritsen
- The greatest legacy we can leave our children is happy memories. – Og Mandino
- We all have that one friend who is either on a road trip or planning a road-trip or thinking about a road-trip or talking to people who are on a road-trip or posting quotes about road-trip. – Crestless Wave
- The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
- Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all. – Hellen Keller
- The journey, not the arrival matters. – T.S. Eliot
- We must take adventures in order to know where we truly belong.
- I’m not lost. I’m exploring. – Jana Stanfield
- Blessed are curious for they shall have adventures. – Lovelle Drachman
- Some beautiful paths can’t be discovered without getting lost. – Erol Oza
- Life is too short to not go on that spontaneous road trip.
- Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey. – Babs Hoffman
- The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams. – Oprah Winfrey
- Kilometers are shorter than miles. Save fuel, take your next trip in Kilometers. – George Carlin
- To the tourist, travel is a means to an end; to the traveler, it’s an end in itself. — Marty Rubin
- Fill your life with experiences, not things. Have stories to tell, not stuff to show.
- Road trips aren’t measured by mile markers, but by moments.
- You can be writing every day. When you go on a road trip, the trip itself becomes part of the story. ― Steve Rushin
- A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving. – Lao Tzu
- Traveling in the company of those we love is home in motion. – Leigh Hunt
- If you don’t know where you are going, any road will take you there. – Lewis Carroll
- If we were meant to stay in one place we’d have roots instead of feet. – Rachel Wolchin
- Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Two of the greatest gifts we can give our children are roots and wings. – Hodding Carter
- Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you’re riding through the ruts, don’t complicate your mind. – Bob Marley
- People don’t take trips, trips take people. – John Steinback
- God made the world round so we would never be able to see too far down the road. – Isak Dinesen
- Remember that happiness is a way of travel – not a destination.– Roy M. Goodman
- Sometimes, the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to-it’s not for them. – Joubert Botha
- Traveling can never be taken for granted, no matter how meticulous the preparations. — Eugene Linden
- When all’s said and done, all roads lead to the same end. So it’s not so much which road you take, as to how you take it. – Charles de Lint
- There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.– Robert Louis Steveson
- Look for chances to take the less-traveled roads. There are no wrong turns. — Susan Magsamen
- Kids don’t remember their best day on television.
- Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason. – Jerry Seinfeld
- Little by little, one travels far. – J. R. R. Tolkien
- Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me, as is ever so on the road. – Jack Kerouac
- Once the travel bug bites, there is no known antidote, and I know that I shall be happily infected until the end of my life. – Michael Palin
- I guess the lesson is you can’t go everywhere. You should still go everywhere you can. — Charles Finch
- You know more of a road by having traveled it than by all the conjectures and descriptions in the world. – William Hazlitt
- Life is like a road trip – Enjoy each day and don’t carry too much luggage.
- To move, to breathe, to fly, to float, To gain all while you give, To roam the roads of lands remote, To travel is to live. – Hans Christian Andersen
- Every journey is simultaneously a beginning and an ending: I was leaving my old life behind and starting on a road trip to find a new me. – Debi Tolbert Duggar
- A family that travels together stays together.
- There are no perfect parents and there are no perfect children, but there are plenty of perfect moments along the way. — Dave Willis
- When you travel with your children you are giving them something that can never be taken away … experience, exposure, and a way of life. – Pamela T. Chandler
- At the end of the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair messy and your eyes sparkling. – Shanti
- Travel is not a reward for working, it’s education for living. – Anthony Bourdain
- Because the greatest part of a road trip isn’t arriving at your destination. It’s all the wild stuff that happens along the way. — Emma Chase
- The world is full of wonderful things you haven’t seen yet. Don’t ever give up on the chance of seeing them. — J.K. Rowling
- Two of the greatest gifts we can give our children and roots and wings. – Hodding Carter
- There is no time to be bored in a world as beautiful as this.
- May your adventures bring you closer together, even as they take you far away from home. – Trenton Lee Stewart
- Having kids is a reason to travel, never a reason to stop.
- In the end, kids won’t remember that fancy toy you bought them, they will remember the time you spent with them. – Kevin Heath
- It is never too early to begin exploring the world.
- Every day we make deposits in the memory banks of our children. — Charles R Swindoll
- A road trip is a way for the whole family to spend time together and annoy each other in interesting new places. – Tom Lichtenheld
- When you travel with children you are giving something that can never be taken away… experience, exposure, and a way of life. – Pamela T. Chandler
- Of all the paths you take in life make sure a few of them are sandy.
- If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it is lethal.– Paulo Coelho
- Don’t count the days. Make the days count. – Muhammad Ali
- People forget the years and remember moments. – Anne Beattie
- Do more things that make you forget to check your phone.
- It doesn’t matter where you are going. It’s who you have beside you.
- Sometimes the most scenic roads in life are the detours you didn’t mean to take. – Angela N. Blount
- As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen. – A. A. Milne
- You don’t need magic to disappear, all you need is a destination.
- Traveling the company of those we love is home in motion. – Leigh Hunt
- Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. – Helen Keller
- That’s why I love road trips, dude. It’s like doing something without actually doing anything. – John Green
- Jobs fill your pocket, but adventures fill your souls. – Jamie Lyn Beatty
- I love road trips. You get into this Zen rhythm; throw the sense of time out the window. – Miriam Toews
- The road is there, it will always be there. You just have to decide when to take it. – Chris Humphrey
- Now, on this road trip, my mind seemed to uncrinkle, to breathe, to present to itself a cure for a disease it had not, until now, known it had. – Elizabeth Berg
- Happiness is planning a trip to somewhere new, with someone you love.
Road Trip Quotes for Instagram
Your Instagram is a witness to all your endeavors – whatever that may be! Food trips, beaches, hiking, and road trips. Your pictures are posted on Instagram. Make sure that your an awesome caption to go with your equally awesome photos!
- It doesn’t matter where you’re going. It’s who you have beside you.
- Travel far enough, you meet yourself.
- She wasn’t where she had been. She wasn’t where she was going, but she was on her way.
- I’m always THAT person who asks, are we there yet?
- Real adventure is defined best as a journey from which you may not come back alive, and certainly not as the same person.
- Hey GPS, let’s take the scenic route today.
- You know you’ve found the perfect partner when they trust you to be DJ in the car.
- Don’t expect the unexpected. Let the unexpected expect you.
- Road trip? Alpaca my car.
- One’s destination is never a place, but rather a new way of seeing things.
- Wish you were here.
- The open road is there, it will always be there. You just have to decide when to take it.
- Catch me cruisin’ by the sea.
- I got a blacked-out Chevrolet. You don’t have a destination. Traveling where the wind will take us. That might be from place to place. — Khalid
- Cruisin’ is my forever mood.
- If you make the mistake of looking back too much, you aren’t focused enough on the road in front of you.
- And just like that, we’re on our way everywhere.
- Afoot and light-hearted I take to the open road.
- And so the adventure begins.
- Today’s good mood is sponsored by coffee and this view.
- If you ever plan to motor west. Travel my way, take the highway that is best. Get your kicks on Route sixty-six. — Natalie Cole
- This is where the fun stuff happens.
- The open road is a beckoning, a strangeness, a place where a man can lose himself.
- Look at life through the windshield, not the rearview mirror. — Byrd Baggett
- I’ve got sunshine on my mind.
- The freedom of the open road is seductive, serendipitous, and absolutely liberating.
- Today’s road trip snack situation.
- I take to the open road, Healthy, free, the world before me.
- I’m not lost. I’m just exploring.
- City lights layout before us. And your arm felt nice wrapped ’round my shoulder. — Tracy Chapman
- We’re almost there, but nowhere near it. All that matters is that we’re going. — Gilmore Girls
- A journey is best measured in friends rather than miles. — Tim Cahill
- I’ve never been there but the brochure looks nice. Jump in, let’s go. Lay back, enjoy the show. — Sheryl Crow
- Some beautiful paths can’t be discovered without getting lost. — Erol Ozan
- Life is a highway, I wanna ride it all night long. If you’re going my way, I wanna drive it all night long. — Rascal Flatts
- We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.
You sure came a long, long way! But at least, you now have a whole load of new road trip quotes to just copy and paste to wherever social platform you want your photos to go.
Have a safe and happy road trip!
Looking out for more?
Check out other captions and quotes too:
The Instagram Circus
Want even more Inspiration? 🔥
😂 1001 of the Best Humourous Quotes
🤳 Instagram For Business For Dummies
🎁 Ideal Gift: Motivational Quotes for Every Day - in a Jar!