Movies will always be one of the best past times there is. It is perhaps one of the more ingenious creations of humankind to let us spend our times stuck in our screens, that is. It’s no wonder why we have so many movie quotes we can reference and laugh out loud with our family and friends.
Funniest Movie Quotes of All Time
We all know at least one quote from a movie, no doubt. And out of all these funny movie quotes that might come to mind, for sure you have your favorites.
Here’s a list of some of the funniest movie quotes of all time. Scroll, read, and laugh. You can also copy and paste them to your notes or wherever and share them with your friends and families, send them to your buddies, and get a good laugh.
Check out some of our other equally awesome captions too.
- Friendship Quotes of all time
- Famous Quotes to live by
- Positive Quotes for the soul
- Cool and Funny School-related Quotes and Captions for Instagram
Funny movie quotes about smiling
1, 2, 3 smile! Some movies are borderline funny and some are just straight hilarious. Here are some of the movie quotes that will surely make you smile big time.
- There’s something interesting in that woman’s smile. I might learn to like her. Hang her in my bathroom. — Albert Finney – Daddy Warbucks
- There’s no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you’ll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane? : Airplane. — Jim Abrahams
- I can see the man in the moon, he’s smiling at me. – Calvert Deforest – Lunarcruiser
- Whoever said ‘nothing is impossible’ never tried to nail jell-o to a tree. – Lisa Bryant
- My mother always tells me to smile and put on a happy face. She told me I had a purpose: to bring laughter and joy to the world. – Joaquin Phoenix – Arthur Fleck
- You might have seen a housefly, maybe even a superfly, but I bet you ain’t never seen a donkey fly! Ha, ha! : Shrek –
- A smile confuses an approaching frown.
- Smooth the wrinkles from your brow my dear, your face is so much prettier when smiling. – Joan Croydon – Claudia Fern
- Smile. Have you ever noticed how easily puppies make human friends? Yet all they do is wag their tails and fall over. – Walter Anderson
- You know, I’ve got wrinkles on my forehead and smile lines, but what’s wrong with that? I love to smile. – Jennifer Aniston
- Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down. – Oprah Winfrey
- Don’t smile. Your face looks better without it. – Dana Andrews – Eric Stanton
- Start every day with a smile and get it over with. – W.C. Fields
- In Sri Lanka when you fall and you hurt yourself, you smile. Here, if you smile too much, people think that you don’t understand them or that you’re mocking them. – Kalieaswari Srinivasan – Yalini
- Forgiveness is a funny thing. It warms the heart and cools the sting. – William Arthur Ward
- You gotta learn to laugh, it’s the way to true love. – John Travolta – Michael
Funny movie quotes about school
School is fun but it is seriously stressful at times. Don’t let the projects, assignments, and recitations drown your beautiful and awesome spirit. Give these quotes a read and carry them to your classroom to give the class a laugh too!
- That’s the beauty of being a girl in high school. People hear you had sex once and BAM, you’re a bimbo. – Olive Penderghast (Emma Stone)
- Searching for a boy in high school is as useless as searching for meaning in a Pauly Shore movie. – 21 Jump Street
- All of you people, there is a big world out there… bigger than prom, bigger than high school and it won’t matter if you were the prom queen, the quarterback of the football team, or the biggest nerd in school. Find out who you are and try not to be afraid of it. – Josie (Drew Barrymore)
- The three keys of coolness in high school, by Jenko. One, don’t try hard at anything. Okay? Two, make fun of people who do try. Three, be handsome. Four, if anyone steps to you on the first day of school, you punch them directly in the face. Five, drive a kick-ass car. – Jawbreaker
- Searching for a boy in high school is as useless as searching for meaning in a Pauly Shore movie. – Cher (Alicia Silverstone)
- I don’t believe we’ve met, what with the cruel politics of high school and all. – Romy and Michele’s High School Reunion
- You got your freshmen, ROTC guys, preps, J.V. jocks, Asian nerds, cool Asians, Varsity jocks, unfriendly black hotties, girls who eat their feelings, girls who don’t eat anything, desperate wannabes, burnouts, sexually active band geeks… and the greatest people you will ever meet, and the worst. Beware of plastics. – Janis (Lizzy Caplan) on the school hierarchy
- I bet in high school, everybody made somebody’s life hell. – Ghost World
- High school? Bull-it. The cafeteria is called the Nutrition Center, people wear their letter jackets even when it’s 98 degrees out. And why do they give out letter jackets to marching band? It’s not a sport. We all know it. – Charlie (Logan Lerman)
- High school is like the training wheels for the bicycle of real life. – Little Miss Sunshine
- The prom is like the Olympics of high school. You wait four years, three people have a good time and everybody else gets to live on with shattered dreams. – Lloyd Taylor (Nicholas Braun)
- High school, those are your prime suffering years. You don’t get better suffering than that. – Easy A
- It’s the end of the month, they’re out of toilet seat covers! – Duckie (Jon Cryer)
- The three keys of coolness in high school, by Jenko. One, don’t try hard at anything. Okay? Two, make fun of people who do try. Three, be handsome. Four, if anyone steps to you on the first day of school, you punch them directly in the face. Five, drive a kick-ass car. – Jenko (Channing Tatum)
- Getting to know the opposite sex are we? Male-female dynamics, all that. Sexual tension… it’s all part of the high school experience… Continue, continue, please. But keep it cleaned up. Abstinence is key, abstinence is the best way to not is to not. – Principal Gold (David Cross)
- That’s what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age. – Wooderson (Matthew McConaughey)
Funny movie quotes about love
What are movies without love? I daresay, most movies are too sweet and saccharine that the lines make you cringe. Still, we watch them because we’re hopeless romantic or just romantic. Make your guys and girls swoon with some of these funny movie quotes about love.
- She’s your lobster. Come on, you guys. It’s a known fact that lobsters fall in love and mate for life. You can actually see old lobster couples, walking around their tank, you know, holding claws. –Phoebe, Friends
- It’s just a flesh wound. – Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- Before you marry a person, you should first make them use a computer with slow Internet to see who they really are. – Will Ferrell
- Just when I think you couldn’t possibly be any dumber, you go and do somethin’ like this — and totally redeem yourself! Ha Ha! – Dumb & Dumber
- I married for love but the obvious side benefit of having someone around to find my glasses cannot be ignored. — Cameron Esposito
- First rule of leadership: everything is your fault. — A Bug’s Life
- He’s like a brilliant, sexy little hummingbird. – Leslie Parks and Recreation
- That is my least vulnerable spot. – Casablanca
- Spend a few minutes a day really listening to your spouse. No matter how stupid his problems sound to you. — Megan Mullally
- You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. — The Princess Bride
- I am a very committed wife. And I should be committed, too—for being married so many times. – Elizabeth Taylor
- Husbands should be like Kleenex: soft, strong, and disposable. — Clue
- A girl can wait for the right man to come along but in the meantime that doesn’t mean she can’t have a wonderful time with all the wrong ones. – Cher
- I am serious. And don’t call me Shirley. — Airplane
- You would think that a rock star being married to a supermodel would be one of the greatest things in the world. It is. – David Bowie
- This is not ‘Nam. This is bowling. There are rules. – The Big Lebowski
- Obviously, if I was serious about having a relationship with someone long-term, the last people I would introduce him to would be my family. — Chelsea Handler
- Badges? We don’t need any stinkin’ badges! — Blazing Saddles
Funny romantic movie quotes
Romance, dance, and movie lines. Check out these funny romantic movie quotes and use them when situations arise.
- Rejection is an opportunity for your selection. ―
- I’m just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her. ― Anna Scott
- Some stories have to be written because no one would believe the absurdity of it all. ―
- You had me at hello. ― Dorothy
- I am bigger than the box I’m in. ―
- But mostly I hate the way I don’t hate you. Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all. ― Kat
- Love is a two-way street constantly under construction.
- I like you very much. Just as you are. ― Mark Darcy
- Often you don’t know whether you’re the hero of a romantic comedy or the villain on a Lifetime special until the restraining order arrives. ―
- You said you couldn’t be with someone who didn’t believe in you. Well, I believed in you. I just didn’t believe in me. ― Blane
- Life Is Too Short–So Kiss Slowly, Laugh Insanely, Love Truly and Live With Passion. ―
- You make me happy. Even when you’re awful, I would rather be with you, even the you that you seem to think is diminished, than with anyone else in the world. ― Lou Clark
- She didn’t sound overjoyed. She didn’t sound even slightly joyed. ―
- Is it still raining? I hadn’t noticed. ― Carrie
- Sounds like you kids have some talking to do. I’ll be eavesdropping from the kitchen. ―
- I think I’d miss you even if we’d never met. ― Nick Mercer
- Every girl should have at least one wild fling on her resumé. ―
- In my opinion, the best thing you can do is find someone who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you. ― Mac MacGuff
Funny movie quotes about friends
F.R.I.E.N.D.S! I know that’s not a movie but a series but we all know that there are movies out there with references and quotes just as good as that of the FRIENDS series!
- True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi connects automatically.
- An old friend is never an extra guest. – Notorious
- Love is blind; friendship closes its eyes. – Friedrich Nietzsche
- Yeah, I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her or something, I don’t know, I wasn’t really paying attention. – Dumb and Dumber
- Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one. – C.S. Lewis
- Remember George, no man is a failure who has friends. – It’s a Wonderful Life
- The imaginary friends I had as a kid dropped me because their friends thought I didn’t exist. – Aaron Machado
- Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer. – The Godfather
- A good friend will help you move. But a best friend will help you move a dead body. – Jim Hayes
- It’s an insane world but in it there is one sanity, the loyalty of old friends. – Ben Hur
- A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked. – Bernard Meltzer
- A boy’s best friend is his mother. – Psycho
- There is nothing better than a friend unless it is a friend with chocolate. – Linda Grayson
- Only a true friend would be that truly honest. – Shrek
- A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you. – Elbert Hubbard
- She’s not your friend. She’s just someone you use to feel better about yourself. – American Beauty
- We’ll be best friends forever because you already know too much.
- Alone, bad. Friend, good. – Bride of Frankenstein
- A snowball in the face is surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship. – Markus Zusak
- George: It’s amazing the clarity that comes with psychotic jealousy. – My Best Friend’s Wedding
- You can always tell a real friend: when you’ve made a fool of yourself he doesn’t feel you’ve done a permanent job. – Laurence J. Peter
- A friend in need is a pest. – Wedding Crasher
- There is nothing like puking with somebody to make you into old friends. – Sylvia Plath
- I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. – Stand by Me
Movies! We all love movies for many reasons. Whatever your reasons are, we love movies because they give us so many feelings. We cry, we laugh, we love, and all that other emotions we didn’t know we were capable of feeling. Have you laughed all the way to the end? Well, we sure hope you did!
The Instagram Circus