Foodies listen up, this is your ultimate list of the best food quotes and sayings. It’s funny and yummy. Because as well know, people who love to eat, are better people.
This list is quite big. So we narrowed it down to a few categories you can jump to right away.
Do you love taking photos of your food before devouring them too? We’re now in the digital era, that culture is no longer surprising. It’s more shocking to see people enjoying their food without their phones!
Still, the world isn’t a hopeless place. Some of us still know when to enjoy food and exactly how to enjoy it. While we take photos, we don’t actually take thousands before eating the pleasures laid in front of us, right?
We take photos, we talk over food, and we enjoy the company.
Your favorite quotes about Food!
Live, love, eat. That is our new mantra! We only live once so we might as well use the moments for the precious experience. What could be more awesome than a food trip? Let your friends know what you’ve been up to lately, or what you’ve been eating lately!
Here are some of the best captions for your awesome food moments! Feast on it, we don’t mind at all.
Food Quotes on Instagram
Eating isn’t the only thing that makes food awesome. Taking photos and Instagraming about it is all part of the experience too! Some of you may not be able to start digging in without taking the best shot because that’s how life is.
The food is here! Grab your phone, get your camera ready, and snap the best foodie photo of the day. Check out these captions for your next foodie photos in your IG feed.
- All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast. – John Gunther
- Ice cream is exquisite. What a pity it isn’t illegal. – Voltaire
- Large, naked, raw carrots are acceptable as food only to those who live in hutches eagerly awaiting Easter. – Fran Lebowitz
- The secret ingredient is always cheese.
- The 12-step chocoholics program: Never be more than 12 steps away from chocolate. – Terry Moore
- One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if not has not dined well. – Virginia Woolf
A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand. — Barbara Johnson
- I don’t eat lobsters, shrimp, or crawfish because I don’t eat anything that looks like I should step on it. – George Carlin
- Give me liberty or … a jelly donut! – Homer Simpson
Mayonnaise or everything that does not kill us makes food tastier.
- Food is not rational. Food is culture, habit, craving and identity. – Jonathan Safran Foer
- The main facts in human life are five: birth, food, sleep, love, and death. – E.M. Forster
- The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found. – Calvin Trillin
- Carbs might be my soulmate.
- I like people who love to eat. They’re the best kind of people in the world.
- Live, love, eat.
- I’m not drooling, you are!
- My mom made me two dishes: take it or leave it. – Stephen Wright
- I’m at the age where food has taken the place of sex. In fact, I just had a mirror put over my kitchen table. – Rodney Dangerfield
Funny Food Quotes
There can be many one-liners out there that will surely put a smile in peoples’ faces on the dining table. But this one takes skill! THere has to be timing, you need to deliver the punchlines to make it funny.
Here are some of the funny food quotes that you can drop for your next family dinner to get that conversation going!
- My weaknesses have always been food and men – in that order. – Dolly Parton
- Scared cows make the best hamburger. – Mark Twain
Caviar is the food of the gods, and they are very skinny.
- Find someone who looks at you the way I look at pizza.
- An apple a day keeps anyone away if you throw is hard enough.
- Am I tough? Am I strong? Am I hard-core? Absolutely. Did I whimper with pathetic delight when I sank my teeth into my hot fried-chicken sandwich? You betcha. ―
- Another one bites the crust.
- Friends buy you food. Bestfriends eat your food.
Indigestion happens when you love food that hates you.
- I want someone who will look at me the same way I look at chocolate cake.
- How can a nation be great if its bread tastes like Kleenex. – Julia Child
I will not eat oysters. I want my food dead. Not sick, not wounded: dead. — Woody Allen
My whole life is one big Big Mac.
I love calories. They are dаmn tasty.
- If e shouldn’t eat at night, why is there a light in the fridge?
- Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the ‘Titanic’ who waved off the dessert cart. ―
- My doctor told me I had to stop throwing intimate dinners for four unless there are three other people. – Orson Welles
- Great food is like great sex. The more you have the more you want. – Gael Greene
Watermelon is great food. You can eat it, drink it and wash with it.
- Wait. Why am I thinking about Krispy Kremes? We’re supposed to be exercising. ―
- Probably one of the most private things in the world is an egg before it is broken. ―
- Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what’s for lunch. ―
Math: the only place where you have to figure out the ratio of yellow candy to blue candy when all you’re thinking about is eating them.
- We must have a pie. Stress cannot exist in the presence of a pie. ―
I am on a seafood diet. I see food, and I eat it.
- Spaghetti can be eaten most successfully if you inhale it like a vacuum cleaner. – Sophia Loren
A balanced diet means a cupcake in each hand.
- Popcorn for breakfast! Why not? It’s a grain. It’s like, like, grits, but with high self-esteem. ―
Square box, round pizza, triangle slices, now that’s confusing.
- Bachelor’s fare: bread and cheese, and kisses. – Jonathan Swift
- In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in the water there is bacteria. – David Auerbach
How do I like my eggs? In a cake.
Why is there no button on the refrigerator for locking the door from 7 pm to 7 am?
- I have made a lot of mistakes falling in love, and regretted most of them, but never the potatoes that went with them. – Nora Ephron
When you doubt — just eat.
Sea urchins were on the menu for lovers of thrills.
- I love you like a fat kid loves cake! ―
- Humor keeps us alive. Humor and food. Don’t forget food. You can go a week without laughing. ―
I want to be like a caterpillar. Eat a lot, sleep for a while, and then wake up beautiful.
Thus, we conclude that the pain associated with the fact that food with hot pepper comes out of the digestive tract proves that the straight intestine has taste buds.
I’m like Pacman when I’m at a party, I eat everything and run away from anyone coming close to me.
- Anything is good if it’s made of chocolate. Jo Brans
Food Caption Ideas
One of the best parts of every bonding is the dining experience. Life can’t just go without it! It’s, in fact, a universal language along with music and what not. Food is just something that everybody understands.
The thing is, eating is the easy part, the captioning is the difficult part. Don’t freat, we’ve got that covered! Check out these captions and pick your choice. You’re good to go!
- You don’t need a silver fork to eat good food. – Paul Prudhomme
- A fruit is a vegetable with looks and money. Plus, if you let fruit rot, it turns into wine, something Brussels sprouts never do. – P. J. O’Rourke
- I really don’t think I need buns of steel. I’d be happy with buns of cinnamon. – Ellen DeGeneres
- All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt. – Charles M. Shulz
- A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand. – Barbara Johnson
- The only time to eat diet food is while you’re waiting for the steak to cook. – Julia Child
- Eating good food is my favorite thing in the world. Nothing is more blissful. – Justine Larbalestier
- Everything you see, I owe to spaghetti. – Sophia Loren
- A recipe has no soul. You, as the cook, must bring soul to the recipe. – Thomas Keller
- What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow. ―
- All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt. ―
- The secret of food lies in memory – of thinking and then knowing what the taste of cinnamon or steak is. – Jerry Saltz
- Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first. – Ernestine Ulmer
- Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all. – Harriet van Horne
- One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating. – Luciano Pavarotti
A slice of pie without cheese is like a kiss without a squeeze. — Stephen King
- Anyone who’s a chef, who loves food, ultimately knows that all that matters is: ‘Is it good? Does it give pleasure?’ – Anthony Bourdain
- there is no sincerer love than the love of food. – George Bernard Shaw
The 12-step chocoholics program: Never be more than 12 steps away from chocolate! — Terry Moore
Good Food Great Company Quotes
You don’t only need food, you need the best people to feast the food with. It’s no fun eating alone. The joy is felt when you share your stories, laughter, and meals with awesome people.
Food brings people together. It nourishes not only the physical body but most of all, it makes your spirit full.
You see, pizzas won’t taste as heavenly if you’re eating it alone. Some things are meant to be shared, food especially!
Here are some of the most favored quotes about good food and great companions and how those two variables come together in the best way possible.
- People who love to eat are always the best people. – Julia Child
- If you really want to make a friend, go to someone’s house and eat with him…the people who give you their food give you their heart. – Cesar Chavez
I don’t share blame. I don’t share credit. And I don’t share desserts. – Beverly Sills
- Eating is so intimate. It’s very sensual. When you invite someone to sit at your table and you want to cook for them, you’re inviting a person into your life. – Maya Angelou
- To me, food is as much about the moment, the occasion, the location, and the company as it is about the taste. – Heston Blumenthal
- Snack time heals all wounds. – Bridger Winegar
It turns out that blueberry muffins can soothe even the most hateful heart.
- Always serve too much hot fudge sauce on hot fudge sundaes. It makes people overjoyed and puts them in your debt. – Judith Olney
- Truly, love is delightful and pleasant food, supplying, as it does, rest to the weary, strength to the weak, and joy to the sorrowful. It in fact renders the yoke of truth easy and its burden light. – Saint Bernard
- Cooking is all about people. Food is maybe the only universal thing that really has the power to bring everyone together. No matter what culture, everywhere around the world, people eat together. – Guy Fieri
- First, we eat then we do everything else. – M.F.K. Fisher
- Food for us comes from our relatives, whether they have wings or fins or roots. That is how we consider food. Food has a culture. It has a history. It has a story. It has relationships. – Winona LaDuke
- I know once people get connected to real food, they never change back. – Alice Waters
- Food can be very transformational, and it can be more than just about a dish. That’s what happened to me when I first went to France. I fell in love. And if you fall in love, well, then everything is easy. – Alice Waters
- I realized very early the power of food to evoke memory, to bring people together, to transport you to other places, and I wanted to be a part of that. – José Andrés Puerta
- Anybody who believes that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach flunked geography. – Robert Byrne
Welcome the proverbial proverbs! Food is not just a way to answer one’s appetite and hunger. There’s so much more about food than meets the eye. The love of food is both an art and science! It’s an experience meant to be enjoyed and savored.
As food encompasses many aspects o culture, unbeknownst to many, it affects speech and language too. You may have heard some proverbs about food but this will be your first time seeing a whole list of its, or atleast, we hope so!
Here you go, a list of food proverbs! Share some of these anecdotes in the dinner table and impress the people your dining with. It’s not just your table knife that’s sharp, you brain is just as edgy too!
- Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all. – Harriet Van Horne
- We never miss the water until the well runs dry.
- Bread always falls buttered-side down.
- Talk doesn’t cook rice. – Chinese Proverb
- The way that you cut your meat reflects the way you live. – Confucius
- Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon. – Doug Larson
- He who will steal an egg will steal an ox.
- A good meal must begin with hunger. – French Proverb
- Never fall out with your bread and butter.
- A fish should swim thrice: in water, in sauce, and in wine.
– German Proverb
- Governing a great nation is like cooking a fish — too much handling will spoil it. – Lao Tzu
- Good wine needs no bush.
- It’s no use crying over spilled milk.
- A cheerful heart is a good medicine; but not on an empty stomach.
– Thai Proverb
- To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art. – François de la Rochefoucauld
- Too many cooks spoil the broth.
- One man’s meat is another man’s poison.
- Cold tea and cold rice are bearable, but cold looks and cold words are not.
– Japanese Proverb
- Hunger is the best spice!
- When eating a fruit, remember the person who planted the fruit tree.
– Vietnamese Proverb
- Pull up a chair. Take a taste. Come join us. Life is so endlessly delicious. ―
- There is no such thing as a free lunch.
- The proof is in the pudding.
- Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
- Never trust a skinny cook. – Iain Hewitson
- Don’t put all your eggs in one basket.
- One who eats alone cannot discuss the taste of food with others.
– African Proverb
- What satisfies hunger is good food.
– Chinese Proverb
- What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.
- Laughter is brightest where food is best. – Irish Proverb
- Kill not the goose that laid the golden egg.
- Age and glasses of wine should never be counted.
- Bitter pills may have blessed effects.
- You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink.
- I watch cooking change the cook, just as it transforms the food. – Laura Esquivel
- Unity in the family can turn cockles shell to gold.
– Teochew Proverb
- Life is just a bowl of cherries!
- Same meat, different gravy.
- The belly rules the mind. – Spanish Proverb
- Half a loaf is better than none.
- Only the pure in heart can make good soup. – Ludwig van Beethoven
- Eat to live but do not live to eat.
- A hungry man is an angry man!
- You can’t have your cake and eat it too.
- To eat is human, to digest, divine. – Mark Twain
- Do not bite off more than you can chew.
- Jump from the frying pan into the fire.
- After a good dinner, one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relations. ―
- A watched pot never boils.
- A fit, healthy body—that is the best fashion statement. ―
Food Quotes Pinterest
Pinterest is a good place to share your food quotes. You never know, pinners may come barging into your profile liking who you express your food interest.
Here are some of the food quotes that are Pinterest worthy! Share them, use them, do whatever you want. Enjoy your food and enjoy the fun!
- I only drink Champagne on two occasions, when I am in love and when I am not. – Coco Channel
- Food is essential to life, therefore, make it good.
- We all eat, it would be a sad waste of an opportunity to eat badly. – Anna Thomas
- Good things come to those who bake.
- Cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education. – Mark Twain
- Marry the one who gives you the same feeling you get when you see food coming at a restaurant.
- If in doubt, bake a cake.
- Happiness is knowing there is a cake in the oven.
- Life is a combination of magic and pasta. – Federico Fellini
- It’s difficult to think anything but pleasant thoughts while eating a homegrown tomato. – Lewis Grizzard
- I cook with wine. Sometimes I even add it to the food. – W.C. Fields
- all you need is love but a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.
- Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.
- Health food may be good for the conscience but Oreo tastes a hell of a lot better. – Robert Redford
- The smell of good bread baking, like the sound of lightly flowing water, is indescribable in its evocation of innocence and delight. – M.F.K Fisher
- Chocolate comes from cocoa, which is a tree. That makes it a plant, chocolate is salad.
- My best hostess tip is to have good food and really good music. – Jennifer Aniston
- People who love to eat are always the best people. – Julia Child
- Food is symbolic of love when words are inadequate. – Alan D. Wolfelt
- Well, the food’s always the way to anybody’s heart, I think, guy or girl. – Josh Hutcherson
- The best comfort food will always be greens, cornbread, and fried chicken. – Maya Angelou
- In France, cooking is a serious art form and a national sport. – Julia Child
- You only live once, lick the bowl!
- Food is really and truly the most effective medicine. – Joel Fuhrman
- Nouvelle Cuisine, roughly translated, means: I can’t believe I paid ninety-six dollars and I’m still hungry. – Mike Kalin
- A cup of tea solves everything.
- A meal without wine is called breakfast.
Eating is a culture from time immemorial and we’ve carried it until today. However, taking photos of our foods for that perfect Instagram photo is new. It may not be born just last year but still, some of us are still learning the ropes of making our captions pretty and our photos even prettier.
We listed some of the best captions on the world wide web, feel free to use them, copy and paste them, and spread the love!
The Instagram Circus
Want even more Inspiration? 🔥
😂 1001 of the Best Humourous Quotes
🤳 Instagram For Business For Dummies
🎁 Ideal Gift: Motivational Quotes for Every Day - in a Jar!